Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year.

In the last six months, I've gained a few pounds... And by a few, I mean only certain clothes in my closet will fit and I am getting really frustrated with myself. I am okay when it comes to meals - I cook most of what we eat, when I do eat out, I try to find something moderately healthy, but I am terrible about snacking. At work, I eat snack mix, granola bars, candy, etc. When I get home from the gym after work, I will eat a handful of crackers, some chips and salsa, or whatever else is nearby while I cook dinner. Then after dinner, I always want something sweet and sometimes I make popcorn too. By the time I add up all the points in my snacking habits, it ends up being more than I expected, so I get frustrated and stop tracking points for the week.

And then I am way off track and it's just not good.

I was also working out 6-7 days per week, and I got really burned out on that. With the PF diagnosis and foot pain that doesn't seem to be getting much better, even with regular icing, massage, orthotics, and a boot I wear to bed, I need to find something that helps keep me mentally sane. Running is for sure my therapy, so when I can't do it, I kind of start to lose it and I don't really want to do anything else.

So here are my resolutions for 2014:

-Work out 4-5 days per week, and make it count. Find spin classes during the week that I can take, go with friends, find a TV show that will keep me entertained. And add weight training twice a week.
-Use the other 2 days that I don't go to the gym to volunteer at the animal shelter. Being there helps me remember what is important and that I can help the kitties feel loved until they find a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment