Thursday, May 12, 2016

I am exhausted.

It has been absolutely crazy for me during the past few weeks. My coworker went out on maternity leave, so I have been doing a lot to help cover for her. She is the coordinator in our little marketing department and we have all felt her absence, but I am glad she gets to have some time away with her new little babe. Oh, and we also have four major events in a 1.5 week period, and she is the main event coordinator for everything we do. So I have been learning a LOT about event planning, which has been crazy, stressful, and overwhelming, but also a good learning experience. Things I have learned:

-Never use a vendor that requires daily phone calls to stay on top of orders.



-Don't assume that things are done or that people got your emails/voicemails/both.

-Accept that fact that no matter what food you order, some people won't like it. Related: there are a LOT of gluten-free vegetarians in the world.

-When you think something is finalized, plan to keep working on for at least three more rounds of edits.

-Don't take on any freelance work when you are in the middle of four big events at work.

I'm sure there's more, but my brain is so fried that I can't remember what day it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment