Tuesday, January 6, 2009

what to do with my life, take two.

this might seem like a duplicate to a blog i posted a few months ago. but it's not; i'm just trying (again) to make a decision about my life.

i had pretty much decided that i was going to stay in provo for winter semester. finish my classes, work at my job for a couple more months, live out the provo scene until i graduate and move on. but for some reason, i kept looking at apartment listings online. most days, in fact. just to see what was available, i guess. and today i came across the most perfect apartment.

i mean, seriously. i had a list of requirements for my first post-college apartment. my parents told me i was severely limiting myself in my search because my heart is set on getting a kitty. i want an apartment that is pet-friendly, with a private balcony, under $550/month, and in either sugar house or downtown salt lake. yeah. seems impossible.

but then i found this listing online. and suddenly, i'm not sure what to do anymore! i feel like i won't find another one like this. it's ideal. so, back to square one. should i stay or should i go now?

pros of moving:
-live alone. andddd live in salt lake.
-two of three classes this semester are at the salt lake center. so my commute would be twice a week for school. i already commute to salt lake at least twice a week anyway.
-see my friends up there much more frequently.
-find a new ward, since mine is no good.
-get a kitty!

cons of moving:
-must find a new job, probably make less money until i graduate.
-more expenses (deposit, rent, furniture, etc.)
-have to quit job...ughhh.

pros of staying:
-keep my job, save more money.
-12 vacation days at work.
-not have to drive to provo on tues/thurs mornings.

cons of staying:
-stay with roommates who are loud and young.

i don't know. i guess i don't have to make any decisions until i see the apartment. but the prospect of such a huge change in my life is making my head spin.
i need to go to bed.

5 comments:

  1. Well, you know how the rest of the song goes:

    "If I go there will be trouble. And if I stay it will be double."

    Tough choice! Don't make it until you see the apartment. And maybe check out the job scene a little bit more. Otherwise you just get your hopes all up. My two cents. Not worth much these days, two cents.

    It definitely sounds enticing though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep tight. We will discuss tomorrow. Mi casa es SU CASA!!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...decisions like these just give me a headache. I'm sure whatever decision you make will turn out to be just great. That's so great that you're almost done with school. It really is such a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, lucky for you there's an ikea in utah so the furniture prob is not bad. since it's so cheap there. also, craigslist for furniture is fab. lmk when u see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my advice: don't do anything until you know you have a job. apartments come and go, but in this economy jobs do not. it's a tough world when you realize how many bills come with moving out of the condo. . .

    ReplyDelete