Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Back on the injured list.

Well, I'm bummed to write this post, but it's probably better get my frustrations out here instead of complaining one more time to Chris about how much I want to be running...

After my half marathon three weeks ago, I had some pain along the back of my hamstring. I did some research online and found a forum where another runner had the same pain, and it was basically just a strain from overuse. It makes sense, because the half I ran had a ton of downhill and some uphill, and I hadn't trained much on hills, so I wasn't too worried about it. I did some yoga and tried to stretch it out a lot, then headed back out to run.

But now I'm having some serious pain on the inside of my foot, near the arch, and going up to the inside of my ankle. I took all of last week off from running, and just did cross training instead, but when I got on the treadmill yesterday, it started aching again at mile 3. So frustrating! I don't know what the exact problem is, but I'm taking another few weeks off to try and let it rest. If I still have the pain then, I think I will try to go back to my sports medicine doctor to see what he can find.

Aside from that, things are good. I had training last Friday to volunteer at Salt Lake County Animal Services, and then I spent an hour hanging out with some cats that afternoon. It is going to be such a fun thing. I basically get to brush, play with, and pet the cats that are in the shelter, and talk to people who come in to adopt them about what kind of cat will best fit in their home life. It works out well for me too, because Chris is gone a lot at school, so it's a good way for me to stay involved in things and not just sit at home and be sad and wish I was running. So that's what's on my agenda for tonight - hanging out with some cats and cross training!


No comments:

Post a Comment