Thursday, August 27, 2015

2 months

  • We have our two month well check a week from tomorrow, but I weighed myself holding her and she is about 9.5 pounds
  • Eyes are still blue, still pretty bald on top with a funny little brown mullet on the back
  • Mama started back to work this week, which has been hard. I am working 24 hours a week for 4 weeks, then going up to 30 hours a week after that. I have an awesome mom, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law who each take care of her 1-2 days a week while I work, so she is in great hands. I just miss her!
  • She is getting more used to getting dressed, being buckled in her car seat, etc. She doesn't cry much, but she will cry if her diaper is wet or dirty, or if she is hungry. She also gets a little bit fussy starting at about 6:30 p.m., and she'll fall asleep for about 30 min around that time every night.
  • She still doesn't notice the cats, but she is very interested in the monkeys that hang from her bouncy seat. She also started talking to herself in the last few weeks, and we just love to listen to her little voice.
  • I got her a Bumbo chair to help strengthen her neck and improve her balance, we are going to try that out this week
  • She eats between 4-5 oz per feeding, between nursing and formula. She still eats about every 3 hours, although the two evening feedings are closer together.
  • She sleeps so well at night, about 9-11 hours without waking up. (knock on wood) She takes 15-30 minute catnaps during the day, but seems to have the schedule down because she does more cluster feeding in the early evening before bedtime. She goes down between 8 and 8:30, wakes up between 6:30-7 a.m. We moved her into her crib about a month ago and she has slept so much better 
  • She mostly wears newborn clothes, with a few 0-3 onesies here and there, and 0-3 jammies (newborn onesies and PJs are too short). I need to try shoes on her again, I haven't for awhile.
  • Mama was cleared to start exercising again, which has been great! Went to the gym one day and have been walking a lot on my treadmill. I can also sleep comfortably on my stomach again and have very little pain - just a twinge every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment