Thursday, October 31, 2013

running survey!

1. What is your favorite type of cross training?

I've been doing spin classes, which are really really hard, but I always feel awesome after it's over.

2. What is your favorite song to run to?

Katy Perry- Roar

3. What brand of shoes do you wear?

I used to only wear Asics, but then I got analyzed at a running store and they told me I'd been wearing pronation shoes but I don't actually pronate. So now I wear Mizuno Wave Sayonaras. And I love them.




4. Do you wear a hat when you run? 

No. But I probably should, because look at this hair. 



5. What temperature is your favorite for running?

60 degrees with the sun out.

6. Do you run solo or with a buddy?

Always solo. Anytime I run with another person, I feel like I am holding them back and they are annoyed.

7. Are you a morning, noon, or evening runner?

My very favorite time to run is 9am. But since I have a job, I have to settle for 5pm runs on Monday-Friday.

8. Do you have any big races coming up?

Not really. Thinking about doing the Winter Running Series in January, which is a 5K, 10K, and 15K, all two weeks apart. The next race I'm signed up for is the American Fork Canyon Half, which isn't until June.

9. What is your favorite post-run snack?

Diet Coke and Cheez-its.

10. What is your favorite distance?

10K, because I can run it without requiring a ton of training or stress. But I also love the feeling at mile 13 of a half marathon.

11. What is your favorite race?

American Fork Canyon Half. 100% of race proceeds are donated to help pay for cancer treatment for patients who can't afford it. And it is so completely inspiring and motivational.

12. Do you wear a Garmin?

Yes. Used to wear the oldest one they made, but Chris's parents gave me the Forerunner 10 for my birthday this year. It's pink and cute!




13. What is your least favorite race?

The SheRuns 10K that I ran last summer in Heber. It was poorly organized and not well marked at all, I got lost and ended up running an 8K.

14. Who is your running idol?

My sister and Hungry Runner Girl

15. How long have you been a runner?

I ran my very first race in 2007. And it was brutal.

16. Do you run with your wedding/engagement ring on?

Never. I don’t like anything on my hands.

17. What is your favorite workout?

Long runs are tough, but I love the feeling of pushing myself to run farther than the last one. I also am getting more into speed workouts!

18. What do you drink to stay hydrated?

Water. I took Gatorade in my hydration belt during the Haunted Half and it was pretty delicious though.

19. Where is your favorite place to run?

Provo Canyon

20. What do you carry on a run?

iPod nano on every run. If it’s longer than 6 miles, I will usually bring fuel (Power Bar energy blasts are my new favorite) and a hydration belt or pack with water.


No comments:

Post a Comment